who needs torq specs?

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 03:48:19PM -0400, the hitman wrote:

> about 2 weeks ago one of the guys i share the shop with (name withheld to
> protect the guilty)was replacing his rear wheel bearings. watching him do
> this i asked if he wanted the torq specs from the bentley.

I don't think there ARE any torque specs in the Bentley for rear wheel
bearings.  You hand-tighten the nut until you can just barely move the
backing washer by pushing it with a screwdriver tip.  That's pushing, not
prying or twisting.

Dan

--
Aerodrome (n) - British word for airport. About what you would expect from
a contry that gives its airplanes names like Gypsy Moth and Fairey Battle