From: "Cathy Boyko" <losinit@usa.net>
To: "Gordon Forbess" <gforbess@att.net>; "Brian Haygood"
<theonlyred16v@hotmail.com>
Cc: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 7:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Re: Teaching someone to drive a stick in your car ]

Gordon Forbess <gforbess@att.net> wrote:
That's an excellent tip.  I didn't realize dealers were still teaching
people to drive sticks.

Nor did I! (that would be great, abuse their cars)

Diesels are more forgiving too, not needing the accelerator applied much (if
at all) to get them rolling, and harder to stall.

I think my daughter will learn on the gravel, likely this summer. Poor kid
has
no automatics in the house to learn on. The son's friends had lots of field
cars to mess with, and he was a natural anyway.