Downpipe-engine block connecting plate

--- Nate Mellom <bronson@inwave.com> wrote:
> Hey.
> I did the 4-2 mani and stock (for now) 2-1 downpipe
> and flexpipe on the
> '84, and I never bothered with the plate that
> connects the downpipe to
> the engine block.  Recent posts have made me think I
> should get one, I
> have some vibration and a little bit of exhaust
> rubbing/noise under hard
> acceleration and rumour has it without the plate
> I'll lessen the life of
> my downpipe.
> Anyone have an extra they'd sell me?
> Nate
> '81
> '84
===============
FWIW, I never use these.

You probably just need to adjust your exhaust.

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1983 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco S, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT / Yes, I am a moron . . .
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)