16valves of hatred

On the crankcase breather hose there is a small nubbin' that attaches under
the cold star valve. Inside that little nubbin' is a restrictor to make sure
that it does not pull full vacuum. If it's missing or destroyed it can cause
a high idle like you are describing. I had it happen to me and I didn't
figure it out until my idle creeped all the way up to 3000 rpms!

Give it a check. Let me know if that's been checked out already.

Later -- Craig