knives are sharp (sliced my hand open many time to learn that one), and so on.
Well, one day while he was teaching me to do a tune up on my 77 Ford
Courier PU (I'd just turned 15 and was my first car), he asked me to reach
in and check to make sure all the spark plug wires were secure starting
with the #1 cylinder (of course while the engine was running).
I thought "Ok don't screw this up" while trying to remember all the things
I'd learned up to that point.
I eagerly reached into the engine bay thinking "Ok, now which one was the
#1 cyl., hmm....ok it think it was this one"....BZZZZZTTTTTTT "OUCH!!!!!"
(many other expletives followed).
My dad just started chuckling almost under his breath at my newly acquired
knowledge and just said this "I guess that'll teach you to grab ahold of
the plug wires while the trucks running now won't it"
Kinda a small glimpse into my twisted childhood.
I won't even go into how I learned how to fire a rifle...8-O.

Well to this day I still grab ahold of the plug wires from time to time but
haven't been shocked since that day 8^)

Randy
still learnin' the hard way.