{16v}No spark - what to look at?

.
> whenever possible - (embarrassed to admit it, but) I've been shocked
enough
> times to know...

I'll agree to this....  In my rocco several years ago engine running rough
like it was missing
on one cyl.  So I pull in to a gas station and pop up the hood.  Still
idleing.  "Hmmm" I think to
myself..  "I can figure out which cyl is missing if I just pull off 1 spark
plug wire at a time
and if there is no change on one of them...then that is the one.  Well, as I
grabbed the first wire..
POW,POW,POW,POW before my hand got the message from my brain to let go,
several pulses
go through me.
Scared the crap out of me.  Then I couldnt stop laughing.  Quickly drove off
w/o looking to see
 if my ultimate stupidity was spotted.

Ken
1979 Scirocco  "McFly"
16v conversion - Engine in, now the hard part
Electrical  : (
VORTEX:  "Indiana Red"