From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Justin Pennington
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 7:58 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: OT but interesting story

Eric is right... I'm a Medic and have been so for a few years.  And when
it comes to accidents some of the oddest things can happen.  Mainly due
to car designers making the cars to basically fall apart in the event of
a collision.  After all the Energy has to go somewhere in an accident.
Hence the crumple zone idea.  Sure it totals a car, but if the car can
absorb more of the energy then less gets transfered into the person.
Ive seen several accidents where Engines have come apart from the
vehicle.  And even some where Hoods and Hatches/Trunks have come apart.
After all the more energy that gets diverted the better off the patient
usually is. Just my input. Justin

Ps. Anyone in the MD/PA/DE/NJ area that is looking for some scirocco
project contact me.  I am considering selling both of mine (one needs
work to run, one is parts car)

Message: 77