Compression

--------------0CCAF00589A8DC05CCA16E90

Larry,

    You just solidified my deepest fears, heh.  I really don't want to
have to crack the engine but if it needs to be done, well, it needs to
be done then.  As for the throttle opening, didn't know about that so I
guess that makes my reading bogus or is there just something about low
reading requiring that?  I was also told how to do a wet test by adding
a bit of oil to the cylinder.  I have everything I need to do the tests,
I just don't want to start digging into the engine if I don't have to.

William

Larry wrote:

> Patrick-  Bentley says Max delta is 44psi.You are still right; "tired
> (just more so), but not dead" William-  Worn rings, worn cylinders,
> worn/burnt valves and/or seats, bad head gasket, cracked head, worn
> cam lobe (VERY WORN!), can cause low cylinder pressure. (You didn't
> forget to hold the throttle open on that one cylinder, did
> you?)Lessee...anything else someone can add? Larry  sandiego16V

--------------0CCAF00589A8DC05CCA16E90

Larry,
I really don't want to have to crack the engine but if it needs to be done,
well, it needs to be done then.&nbsp; As for the throttle opening, didn't
know about that so I guess that makes my reading bogus or is there just
something about low reading requiring that?&nbsp; I was also told how to
do a wet test by adding a bit of oil to the cylinder.&nbsp; I have everything