rocco almost caught on fire

Tonight as I was driving home from a friend's house my dash lights went out
and I was like "what the hell?" Then like two seconds later my dash starts
smoking. I don't what I did to my poor car, but it is really pissing me off.
I don't need to start have electrical fires driving at night with my lights
on. Anyway, I'm sure it can be like five hundred different things, but if
anyone has any idea what that could be or any advice it would be greatly
appreciated. By the way, I just put in an amp and speakers hooking them up
to wire that they were previously hooked up to. There are no differences
this time as there was before so I don't see why that could be the problem.