[the bloodletting conitnues.]

Thanks for all the replies, (you guys/gals are great) it seems wires/grou=
nds
are the prime suggestion, but I can't test anything because the car isn't=

here. So now I feel even worse, I wish I wasn't so sick last weekend. Is
distributor even a possibility? These guys have been pretty good about fi=
nding
the simple stuff first, but I may phone and make sure they have gone over=
 the
starter/coil wiring (which they will no doubt find very insulting). I did=
n't
do a double check because I was sick, and I honestly thought it was the s=
witch
they put in which was the problem, and you would all agree they should fi=
x it
if that was the case, right? (and I didn't want to wait until I had to ca=
ll
the tow truck, it's quite a distance) The starter was rebuilt last spring=
, and
hasn't seen so much use that it should be failing. And I did sand down gr=
ounds
not that long ago, it is possible that some of the starter wires got mess=
ed up
when the tranny was off, but I'm not thinking that is too likely.

So what I really want to know is if this COULD be a distributor problem.
That's what they said thier diagnosis indicates (I have to assume they ra=
tests on it). Does it function differently at startup than it does when j=
ust
running? =

Thanks, and sorry to bother you since I can't really do anything anyway w=
ith
the car being 20 minutes away. (yeah, that's the nearest decent place, be=
lieve
it or not) =

Cathy, upset again over this stupid car. Relationships can be so hard...