Carfax Anyone???

Right on Wes, I agree with you.  My wife (and I sometimes) drive a mini-van
(which is commonly attacked about as much as SUVs) and she hasn't had any
accidents in her whole almost 20 year driving career.  The people behind the
wheel are the ones who are the problem not the vehicle.  I believe that the
same people in the SUVs in CA that had 93% of the accidents in April would
also have had accidents if they were in any other kind of vehicle (maybe the
numbers would be slightly lower because of SUVs bulkiness and people not
knowing how to drive them).

At the same time, I don't look at a Suburban as an SUV as much as the
Blazers, Explorers, Durangos, etc.  I am actually looking to upgrade from a
minivan to a Suburban or a full-size van for more space.  I believe that the
Suburban was developed to be able to haul a larger number of people and more
people weight.  I believe that the Suburban was developed because people
didn't like being so cramped in station wagons back in the 60's and that for
some families, a station wagon wouldn't successfully haul the weight of a
larger family, THUS, the Suburban.  Anyway, just my opinion but at the same
time I realize that today they are lumped into the same category as SUVs and
that they were probably part of that 93% in CA.  Bottom line, people need to
learn to drive!!  Maybe tougher testing!!

Dave