From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Kevin Collins
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 11:14 PM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: Re: Carfax Anyone???

Christian Els wrote:

> Sure the SUV is more likely to roll than a Jetta, and takes longer to
> stop from speed, and sucks more gas and is harder to park and...

A couple of months ago, a carlod of high school girls in a Dodge Cirrus
flew up behind me at about 100mph (I was doing about 75) without even
seeing me.. the driver was distracted dicking around with her pals.  She
looked up and saw me at the last instant, flung the wheel the right,
narrowly missed my ass end, but went out of control and spun a 180 back
into my passenger side.  $3k in damage to my Passat and a similar
looking mess on the side of her car.

If they had been in an SUV - I don't want to think what the carnage
would have been like.  Violent yank of the wheel at near 100 mph.. as
Fiederspiel said in "The Gauntlet", there would have been "blood and
tennis rackets all over the highway".  Not being in an SUV saved their
collective asses.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA