OT: SUV bashing was --->Re: Carfax Anyone???

I'm with you Luis! I have a 98 Ford Explorer and have
no intent on giving it up because some idiots love to
bash SUV's!!! SCREW them and the moped they rode in
on! I feel %100 safer in my SUV then I ever do in my
Scirocco, or my wife's Escort. With air bags, ABS,
commanding view of the road, what the hell, I go
around corners with no worries, never once felt like I
would flip it going too fast around a corner. As a
matter of fact I take one hard turn on the way to work
at 45 MPH in both the Scirocco & Explorer and actually
feel more comfortable in the Explorer's handling.
The SUV manufacturers are also making strides to fix
many of the complaints people have traditionally had
about SUV's, lower center of gravity, wider wheelbase,
lower bumpers, are all standard features found in many
newer SUV's. The only thing left to really do is
increase fuel economy, and SUV's are not the only
targets of that complaint!

People need to get off their soapbox in the SUV
bashing department, SUV's are never going away, they
have always been here and always will.

Later...