'80 S 16v for sale

Hey all,

To shorten the story as much as possible, one of our
listers got an e-mail about an '80 Scirocco for sale, which
he forwarded to me.  I then e-mailed the owner for details.
 The owner sounds like he a) doesn't know what he's talking
about, therefore b) thinks he has more than what it's
probably worth.  According to the owner:

Black '80 Scirocco S w/ 16v conversion.  (didn't say 1.8 or
2.0, I've since asked.)  Less than 70k original miles,
fresh black paint, factory S spoiler, '81 S seats w/ black
door panels (still has red carpet.), gold mesh 15" BBS
(knockoff?) wheels, close ratio GTI gearbox, etc etc.
Looking at the pics, the car looks extremely clean, as nice
or nicer than my own '80 S.

The car is in Bowling Green Ohio, which I just happen to
have to pass by on Friday heading for Canada, so I'm trying
to get him to meet up with me so I can check it out.  Is
there anyone interested in this car?  He says he would like
to get $4500 but I personally think he's on crack - not
that the car isn't clean but I couldn't see paying that for
an MK 1 at this point in time.  (Maybe in a couple more
years....)

I can send a couple pics to anyone interested.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '82, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace