Cam Question (8V)

Okay.  Simple question, but I need someone to shed some light on this G
Grind / N Grind Cam thing before I toss a few engines in my garage clean
up.

I have the old '82 (1.7L - so it should be a 1.6 head right?)

I have an old JH complete and I have access to a 3A.  My plans were to
put the JH head onto the 3A and drop it into the '83 driver for a little
more fun while the project slowly eats up all the rest of my spare time
:)

So,  Is the cam in the '82 1.7L an upgrade for the JH head then?  Should
I save the cams from these engines before they get tossed?  I know I
have to save the exhaust manifolds - and yes they are spoken for :)

Tinkering minds want to know....

--
Cory Langford
'86 Oettinger turbo project