From: Jonas K. [mailto:jkarlsso@metabolex.com]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 1:50 PM
To: Arthur Hunt; scirocco list
Subject: Re: Poor-Barely Running Scirocco

Arthur,

Is this an 8v or a 16v?

I'd suspect that the cold running enrichment system (for either car, but
they are different) have gone bad. Sound like as the car heats up, it gets
progressively richer.

Get back to us with the type of motor, and we can give a more thorough list
of checks.

As for the grounds, I didn't see any mention of cleaning the mounting point
of the battery cable on the tranny mount. Check that, it gets corroded.
Also, you can add a ground cable from the battery to the casing of the
alternator. There should not be any resistance.
<fist raised> FREE THE ELECTRONS!! </fist raised>

But poor grounds are not going to cause your problem, nor will a dying fuel
pump relay.

Jonas