Scirocco Magazine Article/Electrical Q

The chassis ground is under the air box on the vertical surface of the
inner fender. From there, I've seen it continue to the transmission
ground atop the left side mount bracket (13mm headed bolt) or on the
rear, top transmission to block bolt. (19mm w/a smaller stud out of the
head)  If you have the correct style transmission mount bracket with the
threaded hole directly in the top, I'd use that point.  This will keep
the line short and out of view and THE HELL AWAY from your linkage.
Don't forget to upgrade those cables.  If you do not have a spot for the
chassis ground, make a separate lead and you can use the battery "hold
down" bolt in front of the battery.

Nothing looks worse to me than added ground straps from the battery to 50
points on the block.  A single 4ga ground has worked for me with the
battery in the back and 22 feet of + cable running to the front.

(For the people that just went, "22 feet?!? Is he insane?"  I've got the
cable routed so that I can drop the trailing arm without removing the
cable and tucked away for the luck that is mine that would put something
unavoidable directly in my path that would yank it out from under.  Can
you say 'RETREAD'?)

Eric
"Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!"
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v