Pt 2: Car won't start, stupid friggin thing]

Well, here's what was wrong, I just needed to give the car the finger, an=
wash the "other car" in my life in front of it, and miraculously it start=
ed. =

Seriously, we jumped it and it took three twists of the key, and it fired=

right up. There was a clunk from below the floor though on the third twis=
(clearing out a chunk of gunk maybe?), and I've heard some odd noises dow=
there (kind of an unlubricated rotating shaft sort of noise, a moan/whine=

which goes away quickly) so I don't think I'm out of the woods yet. But w=
took it for a few good runs, it runs well and it is even idling well (I k=
now,
not possible, it's a Scirocco). It is back to not hot starting properly, =
so
that may indicate I need to fish out some ground wires (or maybe the rela=
y as
someone suggested) and get out the sandpaper again. But thanks for all th=
replies, I do appreciate it. But I'm happier now, and that new gearbox is=

delightful (although first goes by REALLY fast!).
Cathy, still sick, but smiling!