Another new muffler! (was: My exhaust is driving me nuts!)

I've had a Flowmaster Delta for 3 years and no problems and like it alot.

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Josh Hignight
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 10:26 AM
To: 'scirocco'
Subject: Another new muffler! (was: My exhaust is driving me nuts!)

Well, first I have to say that Foreign Aid VW parts and service, in
Albuquerque NM, is great!

Second, these muffler problems (remember the broken dyno-max a month or so
ago?) are the first time I've ever had a problem with anything from TT.

Now to the point... The Flowmaster has a broken baffle. The exhaust is not
rubbing on anything, even with the broken bracket. Several technicians gave
a good listen while I revved it out and all agreed it's a broken baffle in
the muffler (wonder how many are deaf now... heh).

The TT Flowmaster sounds kick-ass, but it was not to be. Being that I'm
moving to FL. soon and don't want to deal with ANTOHER broken muffler, I'm
thinking about upgrading (again) for this replacement. I really, REALLY,
liked the sound the Flowmaster gave, but I can't have to deal with another
broken muffler in a month.

So give me your opinions. I'm trying to stay on the lower side of prices
here since I'm moving soon. But if paying the price equals not having to
replace the muffler again, then so be it.

Like I said, I loved the FM's sound. Currently, I have about $100 credit to
work with (price of a FM). The regular Borla 2.25" muffler is $150. No
problem fronting another $50 for that. But the 16v Borla is $225!!! What's
the difference? What about the Ultraflow? Anything else?

Thanks.

Joshua Hignight
Student Services/Technical Services
New Mexico Campus