Financial tally on our cars!

i don't think there's any way i spent that much on the old rocc: bought in
95 for 4k with 50k on the clock.
$650 for suspension
$400 exhaust through the years
$600 rebuilt 2l
$500 wheels, $500 2 sets of tires
those are the big things. little things are control arms/bushings, ball
joints, axle, tie rod ends, used alt, a/c work ($200), clutch ($150),
brakes/bearings ($200?). maybe throw in another $1000 for maintenance stuff
like hoses/belts, things i'm forgetting.  that's $5000 in 5 years, or about
$75/month.  and a lot of that was stuff i wanted to do, not needed to do.

the new rocc: $4800 (ouch, i know!) last month.  so far, about $100 into the
a/c, and $35 for an exhaust weld.  this one doesn't feel as reliable or as
fast as the old one though. and we're not counting court costs, jail fees as
a result of the new one...
-michael