Scirocco Storm?

--- Elijah R <nicadimus@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I was reading some articles on the Scirocco Storm and
> found that they were
> built by Karmann of Osnabruck.

Ummm, yeah - ALL Sciroccos were built by Karmann.

 Can listers familiar with
> MKII history tell
> me how to best identify a storm from a fake storm.

First of all, the Storm was a UK only model.  All were 8v,
and each year was available in (I think) two colors.  Not
to mention that there were only a couple years - '80 & '81,
plus I think '84 or so.  All had leather interiors.

 My Roc
> (86 16v) has
> Karman badges (golden) on the B pillars,

Standard U.S. spec.

It also has
> the Wolsfburg badges on the fenders.

Someone added those, there were no Wolfsburg Edition 16v
Sciroccos.

 It has Euro bumpers,

Someone added those as well.

> the dark tail
> lights, power windows, two position sunroof, a/c, rear
> wiper/defroster,
> leather, and 160 or 180 on the speedo.

160, and everything else was available on the U.S. cars.

Anyone have an Mk 1 Scirocco Storm badge they want to part
with?  Still searching for one.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '82, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace