gtx front spoiler

The GTX spoiler and the 16v kit won't mesh properly
without a little custom work.

The 16v kit has a front spoiler that is essentially
just a flat piece that stops at the outer edges of the
front valence. The fender arches flow into the lower
front fender and wrap around the corner to fit the
spoiler.

The GTX spoiler is the opposite. A full Kamei X1/GTX
kit doesn't have fender arches (only side skirts and
front/rear valences), so the front spoiler wraps all
the way around to the front edge of the wheel well.

I haven't installed mine yet, but it looks like the
best bet would be to cut the 16v flares at the front
fender lip and somehow mold them to flow into the GTX
spoiler. I've seen a car where they just chopped off
the arch where it met the spoiler, but IMHO it didn't
look right.

Then again, I think the X1 front spoiler looks pretty
cool on an otherwise "naked" car (i.e. an 8v with the
spoiler).

Neal

--- Curtis <schofiel@telusplanet.net> wrote:

> > will the gtx front spoiler work with the 16v body
> kit? if not, any good
> suggestions for a different front spoiler for a
> scirocco w/ 16v body kit
> and euro bumpers? tia
> >

> I'm interested in knowing this too.. I'll probably
> install the Kamei/GTX
> front spoiler after i get some eurobumps.. then i'll
> be looking into a 16v
> temp (or if it looks great perm) untill i find other
> kamei pieces.

=====
~Neal