[Emission Spec Poll - What are your CO/HC Limits]

"The Scirocco" <peter@thescirocco.com> wrote:

I just found my PA vehicle inspection report for =

my '79 16V with a TT race DP.
With all the emission posts, it got me wondering how =

much the state emission limits change from state to =

state.

What are the limits by state, is there a web site =

that covers it? I know different years have =

different limits and sometimes different tests, but =

what are the CA emission limits for say a '79 16V =

Scirocco ('88 PL engine)?

My '79 16V's (at idle) CO% was .52 % and the limit =

for a '79 Scirocco in PA is 4.00% and the HC ppm was =

143 with  the limit of 400 parts per million.

Not bad for 200K+ miles...

If you have a recent emission test, how about =

posting the location and the specs.

Okay, the Rocc and the other "odd year" stuff gets done next year, so all=
have is for my 1988 4.9L F150 (Boo, Hiss, a 6 banger domestic pickemup, y=
ep, i
might just be a redneck). These are the limits, which I tested well below=
 on
the second attempt (brackets), this is in Ontario (Canada).
HC ppm  103    (20)
CO%     0.57  (0.02)
NOppm   1098   (541)

Besides the Rocc, that will be my only gas E test. Not very relevant here=
, but
at least it made a good lesson plan. (environMENTAL chemistry) But it mak=
es
the 1979 PA limits look pretty easy to pass, quite different. But it's a =
newer
vehicle too.