more emissions....

On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, jp43044 wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Bewarned on the S&S header.  It's a good looking peice, but it has got a 2"
> ball and socket at the end of th collector.  There is quite a bit of fabbing
> with it but worth the 165.00
Yeah,

I was planning to cut the ball and socket off of the end and weld on a 3
hole flange, also welding a 3 hole flange to the front of my center
pipe. then get a cat and weld 3 hole flanges to either end.

Then get a piece of SS covered flex pipe the same length and weld 3 bolt
flanges to either end.

Voila, headers with a test pipe option for a rocco 16v, rather than having
a welded in cat or a welded in no-cat....

I even have a line on a dirt cheap a3 cat in perfect condition, looks like
it should fit... and if i use copper exhaust nuts and mondo anti sieze, i
should be albe to change it out in 20 minutes or less.

peas,

Steve

     If you see a mad professor in a minibus, just smile. --James Bond
                      http://westfailure.org