Our ignition standard inductive electronic ignition or is it CDI?

Julie-
  CDI also uses a coil, just like our system does.  Main advantage of CDI is
very fast voltage rise for the value of the voltage.
Coil makes high voltage (spark) only when the primary (low voltage) current
flowing through it stops, collapsing the magnetic field inside and producing
the secondary (high voltage) current that "comes from the center of the coil
cap".
Otherwise, not bad.... :)
Larry  sandiego16V

> CDI is Capasitive Discharge Ignition. Electronics creates a very larrge
> charge that creates the spark that is discharged from a large capasitor
> (Sorta like a resivoir of energy)
> Inductive is the coil type, which is a transformer. 12v is supplied to one
> side of the coil and the other is switched to ground. Pulling it low
creates
> a current flow that creates the high voltage spark which comes from the
> center of the coil cap.
>
> Julie
>

> >From: "Wing Gee" <winggee@hotmail.com>
> >To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org