Battery Reloq. - wire size, routing, battery location etc.

Well I am probably going to get slammed for some of this but what the hell.
And I will say that I have had things this way for two entire seasons of
driving.

I relocated my battery to the back passenger corner of the trunk in a
"unvented" battery box bolted through the floor of the trunk with two bolts.
I then ran the 12 volt line, 2 Awg I believe, Through the hole in the bottom
of the spare tire well along the BOTTOM of the car attached to the Brake
lines up to a terminal block located in the area where the battery used to
be.  From there it was distributed to all of the connectors that used to
connect to the battery.   My ground line was connected to the seat belt post
in the front of the trunk.  The only thing I did there was to be sure there
was some bare metal for the lug to make contact with.  The next season in
preparation for a spare tire mounted Subwoofer....which I have still not
completed.....I raised the floor of the trunk using high density particle
board and 2x4's  when I did this I cut the majority of the battery box away
just leaving a shallow tub for the battery so only the battery itself was
showing above the sub floor.

In the two summers I have driven the car this way I have never had starting
problems.

I really think I should have a fuse located near the battery to prevent
serious damage on a short but I have not done it yet...maybe this year

any questions you have about the lazy way I routed the wiring or anything
else feel free to ask