idle air bypass screw

Hi,
     I'm sure others will respond, but I don't see them yet...;)
     I don't have a Bentley yet (still, I really have to pitch a bitch at the
book seller) but I don't see what playing with your idle speed has to do with
the dwell angle.  The idle adjust screw (guessing it has the same effect as the
one in my 8v) just tweaks the idle speed.  Dwell is the amount of distributor
rotation (expressed in degrees) that the points would be closed (I could be
backwards here, it's been a very long time since I've adjusted points, bigger
points gap = smaller dwell angle, right?).  That duration of points closure
won't change if the engine is idling faster.  If there's 30 degrees (guessing
here ;)) dwell angle at 750 rpm idle, there will still be 30 degrees dwell angle
when idling at 1200 rpm.  Does your 16v even have points?  I'd bet against it,
so I'm not completely sure what the reading would mean with a Hall sender and
electronic ignition.
     I can't comment on the hoses.  Never even looked seriously under the hood
of a 16v :)

Cheers,
Colin