idle air bypass screw

Hey all,

Well with my sticky fuel plunger being unstuck, its time for some 'tuning'
(ooh- that sounds so ricey nowadays.) and I'm going to start with the
idle screw on my throttle body.

I've got a dwell meter and I hooked it up to the grey/blue wire as
indicated in the bentley.. but I couldn't quite figure out what the deal
was. Turning the idle screw wouldn't change the dwell reading at all. Does
the car have to be warmed up (ie. cis-e operating in closed loop) for
this?

The picture of the crankcase ventilation hoses in the Bentley are from a
left-hand-intake 16v and the hoses are a little different. Which hoses are
they referring to as the ones you have to remove? The huge one coming off
the block, obviously, but what about the small one that plugs in to the
side of that one? There is no such hose on my car - but there is a little
nipple that hooks on to the bottom of the cold start injector .. and the
other end of that huge hose goes to the airbox.

What about the small hose that goes from below the lower intake manifold
to the rubber intake boot? It seems like unplugging it would create an
enormous vacuum leak (like what happened when I unplugged the nipple on
the large hose going to the cold start injector fitting)..

Is it really necessary to unplug all this crankcase ventilation shat in
order to get a good reading? Anybody know alternative methods of setting
the idle air bypass screw?

Thanks,

-Toby

--