Lightened Flywheels

I believe that the lighter the flywheel the more you'll have to match
RPMs to downshift- case and point being my 928 which has the lightest
flywheel ive ever seen (it's a thin piece of tin). I have to gas it and
match RPMs  (called heel/toeing) to drop a gear smoothly for
acceleration. There is little effect from engine braking.