VDO guages...Mk1 radio opening

> Weren't they for the Mk2? Do they also fit the Mk1 radio
> opening? Greg, wasn't that you?  Can't remember your email.
> Please email me if they do fit in an uncut Mk1 radio opening.

Yep, that's me.  The only panel I currently have is for the Mk2 but it
doesn't fit a radio opening very well.
<http://www.driversfound.com/gak/vw/scirocco.htm>

I *just* finished a redrawing 2 gauge Mk1 panel to fit the opening
above the stock gauges, and a standard DIN (radio) sized panel. I'm
going to try to get prototypes done in a week, and if that flies
(praying I don't have to buy special tooling), production in 4 weeks
or so.

Greg :)      '85 8V Scirocco
http://www.DriversFound.com
http://www.GAKMotorsports.com