The 2.0 lives - part III (at my wit's end)

--0-1921195283-1017205824=:10853

Fresh hoses, put back the original thermostat (which was a 71'C, BTW), drilled two 1/16" holes into it, filling the radiator and the block...what else? The goddamn radiator is still not getting hot. I wonder if the 8mm deep socket I lost during the swap is floating around in there somewhere (and you think I'm joking...)

I guess it's gotta be burped some more, but how much of this has to be done?

What is some unspecting roc owner took their car to JiffyLube or something to have their coolant flushed? Would the technician (if you can call them that) know to fill the system this way? Doubt it... Lousy fucking design. The Mk1 design is so much more straight forward....

I'm leaning on taking it to the damn shop - I can't afford to be without my daily driver for this long...

JT