cat back exhaust

> Ryan Ruggles wrote:
>
> I want to install a 2" catback exhaust on my 1.8l 8V 84 rocco.  Will
> it make a difference if I keep the stock manifold and downpipe.  Is it
> possible?
>
> Thanks

It's very possible to keep your existing manifold and downpipe, that is
the definition of Cat Back. You are replacing the exhaust from the
Catalytic Converter on Back.

If you have the single downpipe (I think the 8v in 84 came that way)
then you will want to consider converting to the dual downpipe and
corresponding manifold as it will open up the breathing and increase
your available power.

You can do both at the same time or do one now and plan ahead for the
other.

hth,
TBerk