ebay rant (short)

Neal- you have proxy bidding wrong.....
if the item is currently at: $4.99 and I place my max proxy bid for $10.00,
the current high bid jumps to the next incremental increase...i.e.- $5.25
(or whatever)....now, you come along and put in YOUR max bid of $15.00- NOW
it goes back and forth (real fast) and you come out on top....AT $10.25- NOT
$15.00

...with me so far? (I know you are Neal)

NOW- what I like to do is watch the item, then, in the last 15 seconds or so
(less if I'm at work on DSL), I bid. I win. I smile.

The advantage is that the high bidder is caught off-guard and can't update
his/her high bid fast enough. So many cheap-asses (tm)(no offence of course)
put in their 'high bid' and it's ridiculously low for the product, if no one
counters them early on, they become complacent and don't worry about
watching it........that's when I come in and nail the item.

Dan
Tam-pa, FL
'87 16v Scirocco
'81 Rabbit Sportruck