america got 16v sciroccos!!!!!!...but how good do u think sc

> On 25-Mar-2002 RobGURN1@aol.com wrote:
> > this is going to reach alot of americans....and u lot
> know alot more than the
> > english about cars........the scirocco isnt big here it
> seems like im the
> > only 1 in the country who likes them....but do u
> americans like the
> > scala????????? what do u think of it?

I think the Scala is my favorite of all Mk 2 models.  The
colour-coding isn't for everyone I suppose but I like it.
The closest we got to it in the U.S. was the '84 & '85
Wolfsburg Editions, but only the white ones.  The Canadians
got the Slegato, which was from what I can tell a re-badged
Scala, available in red, blue or white.

So far, my (white) 16v has white taillights (from Germany)
and Scala badges on the B-pillar.....

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '82, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace