Mk 1 Parking brake broken

--=====================_28640332==_.ALT

I think it's just out of place.  My wife had to roll the car out of the
garage the other day... and applied the brake really hard. So hard that it
was initially jammed and I couldn't release it. When I finally got it free,
that piece is now loose, and the brake won't engage. I check it out later
tonight.

Thanks
John

At 04:32 PM 3/25/2002 -0800, Craig Williams wrote:
>John,
>
>Is the piece actually broken, or did it just fall out of place? I have seen
>them fall out before, and if that's all it is, you just have to take it out
>and rebuild it. It isn't hard, just a little tricky.
>
>If the piece is actually broken, it's time to hit the junk yard and get hand
>brake assembly.
>
>Good luck -- Craig Williams
>1981 Scirocco S 2008cc 16V (As seen in 01-01 Sport Compact Car) 15.114 @ 91
>MPH
>2001 Passat Wagon, 1.8t (For the Wife and Son)
>2000 Saab Viggen (20 psi, Turbo charged monster)15.047 @ 94 MPH
>Northern California, USA

--=====================_28640332==_.ALT

I think it's just out of place.&nbsp; My wife had to roll the car out of
the garage the other day... and applied the brake really hard. So hard
that it was initially jammed and I couldn't release it. When I finally
got it free, that piece is now loose, and the brake won't engage. I check
it out later tonight.<br>
Thanks<br>
John<br>
At 04:32 PM 3/25/2002 -0800, Craig Williams wrote:<br>
Is the piece actually broken, or did it just fall out of place? I have
seen<br>
them fall out before, and if that's all it is, you just have to take it
out<br>
and rebuild it. It isn't hard, just a little tricky.<br>
If the piece is actually broken, it's time to hit the junk yard and get
hand<br>
brake assembly.<br>
Good luck -- Craig Williams<br>
1981 Scirocco S 2008cc 16V (As seen in 01-01 Sport Compact Car) 15.114 @
91<br>
MPH<br>
2001 Passat Wagon, 1.8t (For the Wife and Son)<br>
2000 Saab Viggen (20 psi, Turbo charged monster)15.047 @ 94 MPH<br>
Northern California, USA<br>
----- Original Message -----<br>