rotor question

alright, my front cross drilled rotors arrived today but when i look at the
part number tag on the box it says for 92-98 golf gti 16v. i know the 88 16v
gti rotors are the same for the scirocco16v, but what about 92-98? did they
even still make the 16v gti in these years? i thought they'd gone to the
vr6.
  hit
BTW- i did try to contact the co., i'm waiting for them to get back to me.