Lightened Flywheels

In my opinion, there are no real disadvantages to lightening a flywheel at
all. That assumes, of course, that the structural integrity of the wheel is
maintained. Other than the mintor potential for catastrophic failure, it's
all good! Hee hee...

No seriously, I'd recommend it for any performance VW. The driveability is
tremendously improved. Yes, the launch response is softened up a little bit,
but adjusting to it is not any different than relearning the clutch
actuation -just like hopping into somebody else's car. Give yourself a few
minutes and you'll be fine. Ignore the naysayers and do it.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!