Legislation to scrap older cars defeated

Scott,

Our cars were always safe!!  The progam was VOLUNTARY.  I cannot understand
why this was so difficult for so many people on so many vehicle enthusiast
lists to understand.  Well, thanks to the huge misunderstanding by many well
meaning car enthusiasts like yourself, this legislation has been killed.

Why am I unhappy about this?  Because I've got a 1980 Volvo 245 with a bad
valve and a bad cat which will not pass the smog test and is not worth me
fixing up just to sell it.  If the legislation had passed, I could get $1000
to get this POS off of the road.  So Scott, please send me your $0.02 which
when added with the $0.02 from all the others who complained to their
legislators, will reimburse me for the $1000 I'm out!  :)  LOL!

CA did have a program like this last year, but they retired it after junking
only 30,000 cars.  That sounds like a lot of cars, but there are like 2
million fucked up cars driving around CA which NEED to get off the road.
I'm not making that up!  We don't have a good inspection program here like a
lot of back east states do.  I think the money that was supposed to be in
the CA program for junking cars went instead to pay for electricity last
year.

The tone of this message is tongue-in-cheek.  I really have nothing against
you Scott.  But I really wish I could get $1000 for my Volvo!

Ian Overholt
'88 16v
'78 Champagne Rust Edition
'93 Volvo 945 Turbo