From: Dan Bubb [mailto:jdbubb@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 9:36 AM
To: Andrew Stauffer
Cc: 'scirocco list'
Subject: Re: FW: on prop valves

Well, I don't know shit about how these prop valves work, so no help
there.
But, I'd be willing to bet the bigger rear pistons are going to be an
issue.
~30% more area with the same pressure is going to be 30% more force,
should translate to 30% more braking torque! Doesn't sound good.
Dan

Andrew Stauffer wrote:

> [...]
Rear
> discs, bigger fronts, and the mc/booster.
>
> The question involves prop valves.  I've heard folks say that even with
the
> 16v rocco prop valves, the rears still want to lock up prematurely.
Perhaps
> because the rabbit rear end(with no spare or back seat) is so much
lighter.

> At any rate, which prop valves did you use?
>
> My situation is somewhat more complicated(heh, of course) as I'm not using
> rear calipers from a 16v rocco, I'm using the cast aluminum calipers from
> 2001 Jetta.  The piston diameter is larger(41 vs 36mm IIRC) than the rocco
> rear calipers, which, I think, is going to further favor rear wheel
lockup(
> I may be wrong on this last point, dunno).  So I was thinking about using
> *both* the Rabbit stock prop valve(the alum block) AND the 16v prop
valves.

> Good idea?  Bad idea?  Why?   Any other thoughts?  I should probably, at
> this point, be seriously considering an adjustable prop valve, but I don't
> have one of those in the garage, where as I have every other piece of the
> puzzle.  Thanks.

Furthermore,