Dead Roc Update and WAY off topic question

Warren Price wrote:

> Ok first, the Scirocco related.  I'm just going to buy a new damn
> distributor.  God told me to do it in a dream.  He said that will make the
> car run again.  He didn't tell me where to get the cash, I'll have to figure
> it out on my own....

Sounds like you are paying attention. My encouragement runs like this-
Keep it simple and learn (and Enjoy) the journey.  Even (I would say
esp.) the hard parts.

> OT Question:
> (Big Breath)
 [Er, Don't forget to let it out :P  ]

{Reader's Digest recap ver follows, moderate snippage involved}

> A mech n' friend was in a 1994 Infiniti Q45.  It [might] be my commuter car.
> This thing has 157,000 miles on it.

OK, time to pause. Almost 200K miles. 1993 (MY94) means 9 years of
service, appox.
Ave mileage per year = 17,445 miles, over the low ave of ten thousand
but possibly plausible. Still, where these mostly freeway miles or
Soccer Mom miles?

Also, is there any service history and number of previous owners w/
demographics (Grandma vs teenager learner mobile)?

> But the paint and interior are in great shape and it is loaded to the gills.

Well, this is only what you should accept, not ness. a plus. (You are
talking yourself into, aren't you?)

> I realize I will go to hell for even
> thinking about buying this car, so flame away.

No you wont. Besides Hell is what we make of it.

> My question is this, would I
> be insane for buying this heap for $7000 and hoping that with 157000 miles
> it will last a few years with the orginal engine.

Maybe. f it's never been opened, had regular oil changes and timing belt
replacements and you have kissed the Blarney Stone you might get away
with it. But $7K worth? I don't see it. Besides, in your favor is the
fact that it was headed for auction where the price isn't guaranteed and
can be expected to be lower. Price to family friend is even lower still
so throw the Blue Book out the window.

I'm sure if you want it you can find a way to get a good price and still
make the seller happy.

TBerk