Help!!!! trying to get the cam sprockets off

----__JNP_000_3a78.4e32.79e7

I use a vise to loosly hold the sprocket, heat the assembly, and find a
socket that will fit the face of the cam that you can see from the top
and proceed to hammer.

A better description:
Open the vise just wide enough to allow the cam to hang down with the
sprocket resting on top of the vise.

After heating the assembly, use the spocket to keep the hammer from
bashing your sprocket.

Make sure you don't let that woodruff key get gone.

WARNING:
The newest run of Autotech cams (some of them at least) had the slot for
the distributor cut at the wrong degree.  You may need to clearance the
distributor slots to allow for more advance.

Eric
"Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!"
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v
AOL IM:  OneSixV
http://www.geocities.com/onesixv

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 10:33:52 -0800 "Jeff Toomasson"