CIS-E brain damaged? (+the history of Allyns roccos - #1-#8)

This is pertinent to the subject just bear with me here.

The "16v assembly trouble" thread is now complete and I can deem that
Rolling Roc is road worthy. I have 65 miles on it and will have 200 by the
end of the day so that I can do the oil change/re-tune.

Now on to the subject, you might recall that Rolling Roc was having the same
difficulties of not wanting to come off idle after 15 seconds or so. You
(Allyn) sent me a message regarding your thinking that it was rings about to
fail. Well for Rolling Roc that is not the case. It's still doing it with 65
miles on a complete rebuild. Things that have not been touched in the
process of the rebuild are: ignition module, coil, cis-e brain, wiring
harness, input sensors for cis-e brain, idle stabilizer, air box/air flow
meter, knock box, knock sensor, o2 sensor, cat. Things that have been
changed prior to the rebuild to try to resolve this are: fuel filter,
transfer pump, fuel distributor Other than these two lists everything is new
or freshly installed and to spec.

So I hope this thread continues as I would like to know how to resolve this
as well.

Rick Alexander
http://www.brubakerbox.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/hams/