Legislation to scrap older cars defeated

--=======6CD7269E=======

At 09:53 AM 3/24/02 -0500, Scott F. Williams wrote:

>Larry, how were our cars always safe? There are lots of Roccs out there
>older than 15 years. Hell, mine's 22! (scary)
>--
>Scott F. Williams
>NJ Scirocco nut
>'99 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
>Mazda 323 GTX turbo "assaulted" vehicle
>Golf GTI 16v "rollycar"
>ClubVAC: "Roads found. Drivers wanted."
>
>Check out our rally team's website!
>http://www.usrallyteam.com
>
>Larry "Mr. Swisscheesed brakes" wrote:
> > They were always safe.
> > That legislation posed no threat to our beloved Sciroccos.
> > Long live the 'roc.

What he meant Scott was that nobody was going to take our cars.
It was a voluntary program to get people to give their old polluting,
bad gas mileage cars and get new SUVs.  I'm being sarcastic, but
that is more than likely would happen in most cases.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-Just rolled 100K
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.