Redd needs help

--=======73D97F8=======

At 11:20 PM 3/23/02 +0000, Julie Macfarlane wrote:

>I got the muffler jury-rigged for the moment. No where near as loud.
>(Thank god).
>It smells like it burning rich and has low power. Will get up to speed,
>but gets there slowly. Even more slowly than the 52 HP Wonder Car!
>What has the list to say for first checks as to the lack of power?
>(Julie openning a can of worms...)
>
>TIA
>
>Julie
The best thing to do (assuming you have a Bentley?) is to follow the
troubleshooting, step by step item by item.  There are a lot of things it
could be, but it's always good to check the simple things like, cap and
rotor, plugs, air filter and timing.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-Just rolled 100K
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.