water injection

The brutha like no utha wrote:
> I'd like to add to your design a small pulse relief chamber between the
> pump and injector. It's usefulness will depend on what type of pump you
> use but it should help to regulate square wave type characteristics,
> smaller size will reduce lag losses.

Oooh, a pulse relief chamber! I've always figured my Scirocco needed one of
them. :^) Tosha, so we'd want to damp the pulsing somehow. Are you sure? So
long as the water will atomize at the opening system pressure why should I
care if the pressure fluctuates a wee bit? What size should this chamber be
and what should it look like? Might running two pumps (with different output
characteristics) be helpful, too?

Allyn, I follow you completely, but how the heck can I implement what you're
saying? :^) All the erudite talk about linear pressure discharge, a
proportional controller, and pulsed injection really sounds tremendous. But,
what do I *do* with all this great info? Can y'all bring this down to earth
at all? :^)

I remain convinced that the key is the spray heads...
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!