Water pump repair/replacement (quick Q)

If there's any doubt about it's history, replace it.  Replace the whole
thing, not just the impeller half (it's available separately).  For all
practical purposes on our cars, there is no repairing a water pump,
just replacement.  The used one isn't worth anything to anybody but
you, except maybe as a core, and you can expect to get $5 for it.

The only way I'd reuse it is if I knew first-hand that it was fairly
fresh and didn't leak previously.

You'll need a new 0-ring where it seals to the block, it should come
with the new pump.  A t-stat O-ring is the same.  If the block is
pitted where the O-ring mates, clean the pits and fill them with JB
Weld, then sand it back smooth.  Works a charm.

Ron