increasing brake feel

Here's a question that I've got about brakes and such. Well, first of all,
my goal is to maintain the amount of stopping power but increase the
modulation. So, I'm assuming that I can/should reduce the size of the
booster and increase the size of the master cylinder. Would this produce the
desired effect?

If this is correct, then what would be a suitable combination? I've got
access to old Rabbit boosters and have Scirocco 16v and Corrado G60
mastercylinders on hand. Can any of this work together?

Thanks,
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut