Engine Rebuild Costs - ballpark?

I didn't mean replacing the pistons - just honing the
cylinders....

It would be nice to know a price list, but so many
things vary... I knew it was a silly, multi-answered
question.  What will probably happen is that I will
rebuild it myself next summer, after I have forgotten
how painfully time consuming the engine rebuild
process is, and only remember the (cough cough) good
parts of rebuilding the vanagon engine.  I managed to
put all the pistons back in facing the wrong
direction, so that will be the first order of business
tomorrow.... ("Oh - you mean the arrow on the pistons
is supposed to point to the OTHER flywheel ;)")

Hey - you've got a vanagon don't you?  I remember you
being on the van list for a while last year.....  They
are a lot of fun until they break :(

Still got it?