water injection

> Hey Scott, I have a great idea!   Why not get a NOS bottle and fill that
> with water for your injection system.  That would be PHizAT!

Yo yo yo, I be mackin' large wit my NOS, dawg. :^)

> On a less sarcastic note, I don't see why water injection wouldn't do the
> trick for you, Scott.  Could you just use the supply of windshield washer
> fluid and keep that cleaned up and filled with distilled water or
> something?

Yes, I could. Actually, I've got the container issues all worked out. At
this point, I need to find some suitable injectors, plumb the distribution
block and hardlines, and possibly source a high-pressure pump. I'm not
convinced that I'll need one, though. If carb'd cars run off of just 10lbs
or so, why shouldn't this? It isn't like I have positive manifold pressure
or anything. The jury is still out on this one...

> For spray nozzles, maybe you can use needle jets from carbeurators?

Oooh, I like that idea!

> You would drive yourself nuts trying to rig some kind of injector on each
> body, I think, especially when you have already squeezed in fuel, NOS, and
> pressure taps to each body.

Well, I was thinking of positioning the needles or injectors way up at the
top of the velocity stacks. They'd be several inches away from the bodies
themselves. This would make it easier to install and the atomization would
be better. Btw, I've got a sweet solution for packing the fuel and nitrous
injectors in there. Check this out:
<http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/NOS/NOSzle.html>

Can you say "clean and easy"? Unfortunately the price tag is outrageous,
but... I'm working on some uh... commercial support.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!