water injection

Allyn wrote:
> Umm, scott, nitrous is gonna help you cool ALOT, probably to the
> point where you will not detonate when on the bottle.

Actually, I doubt that is true, man. By way of the nitrous, I'll be
radically increasing my combustion chamber pressures. With a 100 shot of
juice I think my engine will need all the help it can get.

> Controlling knock is a different story, but
> in that case you want to retard
> ignition, since it responds much quicker than the water injection
> system could (where any delay could cause damage).

Well, that is somewhat true. My idea isn't to eliminate the knock sensor.
Rather, I'd just let the knock sensor "flip the switch" on the water
injection. That is, the knock sensor would do its thing and meanwhile the
water would help out. Then, once the water keeps things under control, the
EMS would actually *advance* the timing per the programmed map. If or when
knock is detected, it would pull the timing back a little bit.

What do you think? Please poke holes in my strategy all you can.

P.S. Mixing methanol in with the water (typically 50/50) makes for nice
flameballs out the exhaust. :^) Yeehah!
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut